Hear a 2012 economic forecast and other remarks from Dr. Sean Snaith, Director of the Institute for Economic Competitiveness, at the University of Central Florida offered recently at the Oviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce members’ luncheon. Feature length – 34:59
Forecasting the economy for 2012, Dr. Sean Snaith speaks 19 minutes – which includes 9- minutes of answers to audience questions. His remarks are followed by a 2-minute chamber recognition of Lawton Chiles 8th grade middle school student, Gabriella Grinstead, and 5 minutes of chamber announcements and introduction of new members and guests.
The event was recorded at the Oviedo Mall on October 6th, 2011. Chamber executive director, Cory Skeates, presided at the event held at the Oviedo Mall before an audience of 70 chamber members and guests.
Now in its second year, this presentation marks the 14th podcast Carroll McKenney Public Media has produced featuring luncheon programs staged by the chamber which address a range of important issues relevant to the business community and the general population in the Oviedo and Winter Springs communities served by the chamber.
Dr. Sean Snaith
Director of the Institute for Economic Competitiveness, at the University of Central Florida
Executive director, Oviedo Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
Student of the Month Recognition
Member, chamber education committee; senior membership director, Oviedo YMCA Center for Health and Wellness
8th grade student, Lawton Chiles middle school, Oviedo, Fl.
Content Related Links
Chamber programs on the Heard in Central Florida web site:
- George O’Leary – UCF Head Football Coach (6/07/11)
- Twin Cities – Economic Development (5/23/11)
- Bullying (5/23/11)
- 2010 State of the Cities (2/2/11)
- State of Law Enforcement in Seminole County (11/29/10)
- Oviedo City Council Seat 4 Candidate Forum (10/14/2010)
- Business Incubation in Central Florida (9/27/10)
- Summary by 3 local legislators on the results of the 2010 session of the Florida Legislature (6/30/2010)
- Broadband technology and it’s potential for the community (6/01/2010)
- Donnie Jones, new head coach of the University of Central Florida Men’s basketball team (4/22/2010)
- State constitutional amendments (4/01/2010)
- High-tech innovation along the 417 Corridor (2/24/2010)
- Oviedo and Winter Springs mayor’s “state of the cities” address (1/27/2010)